Licensed Associate Professional Counselor (Applied)
Brittany is passionate about creating a safe place for people to find connection, hope, and holistic wellness. She believes that all people have the ability to grow and thrive. Using primarily non-directive humanistic approaches, Brittany works alongside people to help them discover their inner strengths. Her areas of interest include grief, relationship health, spirituality, anxiety, trauma, transitions, identity development, and depression.
Prior to joining the Summit, Brittany worked as a college counselor at Salem College. During that time, she provided individual counseling to students to address a variety of mental health concerns including gender identity, depression, anxiety, suicidality, grief, and trauma. Before Salem College, Brittany also worked at a middle school wherein she offered individual counseling to students with presenting concerns of anxiety, relationship conflict, and home conflict. She also led student groups. Brittany has also worked with children and families as a children’s minister.
Brittany received her Master of Arts in Counseling and Master of Divinity from Wake Forest University. She went to University of Richmond for her Bachelor of Arts.
When she is not counseling, Brittany can usually be found on a run, hike, bike ride, attempting to follow a complicated recipe in the kitchen, or following her husband on his photography adventures.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA
- Master of Arts in Counseling, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- Master of Divinity, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
Licensure, Certifications, and Professional Affiliations:
- Applied, Licensed Associate Professional Counselor, GA
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Member, American Counseling Association
- Member, National Board for Certified Counselors
- Member, Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling
- Member, Chi Sigma Iota National Honor Society
Brittany is available to speak and/or lead groups on the following topic(s):
Coping with Emotions
Developing Positive Body Image