Licensed Associate Professional Counselor
“I do what I do because I believe deep inside everyone lies the desire for hope and growth, and yet some of us need help in discovering the way.”
I like creating a collaborative, supportive space where adults, couples, and teens find hope and growth through the therapy process. I specialize in working with people struggling with grief and loss, life transitions, and relationship health, as well as people who might be dealing with depression and anxiety. I use mainly interpersonal humanistic approaches with the research and techniques of Cognitive-Behavioral and Acceptance and Commitment Therapies. With couples, I use training from Gottman Couples Therapy.
Before pursuing my Masters of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling in 2016 at Richmont Graduate University, I served as a connection and care pastor in a non-denominational church, as well as a director of marketing for two national companies based in Atlanta. I joined The Summit in 2018 as an intern, and work alongside the staff and other therapists to address a variety of mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, suicidality, grief, sexual addiction, spirituality issues, and trauma.
I will graduate from Richmont Graduate University in 2019 with an Associate License in Professional Counseling and will pursue full licensure. Prior to attending Richmont, I received my Master of Science in Management of Technology from Georgia Institute of Technology, and a Bachelor of Science in Business and Marketing from Wake Forest University.
When I am not counseling, I can be found kayaking on the Chattahoochee, hiking or biking with my wife, or enjoying time with friends.
- Bachelor of Science, Business, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- Masters of Science, Management of Technology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia
- Masters of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Richmont Graduate University
Licensure, Certifications, and Professional Affiliations:
- Member of American Counseling Association
- Member of Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling
- Gottman Couples Therapy Level 2 Trained Counselor
- Prepare-Enrich and SYMBIS Pre-Marriage Counseling Certification
- Licensed Associate Professional Counselor, GA
- SoulShop for Congregations