Intensively Trained DBT Clinician
“You can learn a lot about a person when you listen with the purpose of understanding.”
Julia is passionate about helping adolescents and adults live happy, satisfying lives. She believes that an individual’s well-being is essential to his or her overall health and success. Julia strives to focus on the whole person while using collaborative and integrated therapy approaches to address an individual’s needs and goals in therapy. Julia believes that the client is the expert on their own life and that the clinician is a tool to help guide the client towards change and understanding. Julia enjoys working with adolescents and adults with eating disorders, body image concerns, OCD, depression and anxiety, self-harm and thoughts of suicide, and issues involving self-esteem. Julia is also a member of the Summit’s DBT team providing individual and group skills class to adolescents and adults.
Prior to joining the Summit, Julia worked with adolescents and adults with eating disorders in an intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization program providing individual and group therapy. Julia also worked at a psychiatric hospital providing individual and group therapy to individuals struggling with schizophrenia, bipolar, anxiety and depression, and suicidality and self-harm.
In her spare time Julia enjoys running, blogging, trying new restaurants, drinking coffee and spending quality time with friends and family. Julia is also an animal lover and has two cats named Chloe and Riley.
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Mercer University, Atlanta Ga (2013-2015) Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – University of Mississippi (2007-2011)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Intensively Trained DBT Clinician through Behavioral Tech, LLC
- Member, American Counseling Association
- Member, National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- Eating Disorder Recovery skills group
- Body Image group
- Eating Disorder Support Group
- DBT Skills class
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Mental Illness and school achievement/academic success
- Suicide and Self-harm
- Eating Disorders
- Stress Management
- Anxiety and Depression in Adolescents