Licensed Associate Professional Counselor
Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
Intensively Trained DBT Clinician
“My desire is to foster healing and growth within each individual and couple I work with. I believe that in order to make these changes, the client and I need to look at the complete picture of their life, taking a more holistic approach. I like to draw on their strengths in order to help implement change. I want to help my clients move beyond the troubles and stressors they have experienced in their lives and help them move towards a life worth living.”
Nina received a Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Richmont Graduate University. Prior to her time at Richmont, she attended and graduated from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences.
Nina has worked with multiple populations and her areas of focus include adults, adolescents, relationships, trauma, DBT, anxiety, depression, life transitions, and premarital counseling. During her Master program at Richmont, she held internships at both Skyland Trail and the Hope Counseling Center, where she worked with individuals, couples, and groups, utilizing DBT and other modalities.
When she is not counseling, Nina can be found traveling around various states or exploring other countries. She is incredibly outgoing and loves adventure. In the same way that she encourages her clients, she likes to look at her life from a holistic viewpoint. She is continually challenging herself to be the healthiest she can be physically, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. Nina loves learning and looks for opportunities to continue to expand her knowledge in a wide variety of areas. She is currently working on achieving one of her lifelong goals: being fluent in three languages.
Nina is under the supervision of Carleen Newsome, M.S., LPC
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, Richmont Graduate University, Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Licensure, Certifications, and Professional Affiliations:
- Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, GA
- Licensed Associate Professional Counselor, GA
- Spirituality and Counseling Certification
- Trauma Certification
- Intensively Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Trained, EMDR Level-1 and Level-2
- Trained, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- Trained, Gottman Couples Therapy, Level One and Level Two
- Certified, Prepare/Enrich
Nina is available to speak and/or lead groups on the following topic(s):
DBT – Adolescents, Adults, and Families