Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
“My vision and mission is to help individuals and couples live the abundant life.”
Tanyeka received her Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Richmont Graduate University. In 2010, Tanyeka began her clinical experience at the Richmont Hope Center providing therapy to adults and couples. She then went on to gain extensive clinical experience at Peachford Behavioral Health Hospital where she worked with adults, adolescents, and children, in an inpatient setting.
Tanyeka’s main goal is to help people to process and to heal. She takes a holistic approach to therapy. Tanyeka considers each client’s mental, physical, and spiritual state when making assessments and creating plans of treatment. She works with her clients to help them discover their mental, physical, and spiritual strengths. Strengths that will assist them in making the life changes they need and desire. In addition to strengths-based approaches, other clinical methods include family systems perspective, narrative, and brief solution focused. She also utilizes Gottman Method in her work with couples. Tanyeka finds value in integrating a client’s faith into therapy, and has worked with clients from diverse faith backgrounds. She enjoys the challenge of coming up with faith-based solutions that work for each unique case.
Tanyeka believes that many individuals, couples, and families have created and endured narratives throughout their lives that may have caused difficulties, pain, and maybe some dysfunction. She desires to help these people to re-write these narratives. Re-write them in ways that inspire hope and healing, and create new and healthy perspectives and lifestyles.
Tanyeka is happily married and enjoys cooking, dancing, and yoga.
- 3rd Year Doctoral student in Counselor Education and Supervision, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, Richmont Graduate University, Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Baruch College CUNY, New York, NY
Licensure, Certifications, and Professional Affiliations:
- Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, GA
- Certified, PREPARE/ENRICH Counselor
- Member, American Counseling Association
- Associate Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Associate Member, American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists