Licensed Associate Professional Counselor
Tori is passionate about helping individuals, both adults and adolescents, overcome trauma in their lives. Along with trauma, Tori enjoys serving those experiencing depression, anxiety, grief, and other life challenges. Tori has a heart for helping adolescents feel understood and adults retrieve lost hope. She assists individuals to see themselves wholly – from their mental and emotional health to spiritual and physical wellness.
Before joining the Summit Team, Tori worked in the West Georgia Community raising mental health awareness and squashing stigma by instructing Youth Mental Health First Aid classes. Through her outreach – teachers, first responders, youth ministers, advocates, medical staff and counselors all gained a greater understanding of youth mental health as well as how to respond to a youth in crisis and non-crisis situations.
Tori’s previous experience includes providing individual and group counseling to those suffering from major depression, generalized anxiety, PTSD, mood disorders, and thoughts of self-harm and/or suicide.
Tori is under the supervision of Carleen Newsome, M.S., LPC
- Master of Education in Professional Counseling with a concentration in Community Counseling, The University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, The University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA
Licensure, Certifications, and Professional Affiliations:
- Licensed Associate Professional Counselor, Georgia
- Certified, Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- Member, American Counseling Association
- Member, National Board of Certified Counselors
Tori is available to speak and/or lead groups on the following topic(s):
Youth Mental Health First Aid, Life Transitions, Trauma/Grief, Holiday Stress, and more