Does your child come home from school reporting they have encountered situations such as:
- “You can’t sit here! We’re saving all of these seats for our friends!”
- “I don’t want you to come to my birthday!”
- “We already have enough players and you are no good anyway!”
- “What? You aren’t invited to her sleepover?”
- Or just the mere awkwardness of joining a group or adding to the conversation?
- Or handling teasing day after day?
- Or not be included in the “popular” group?
- Or maybe feeling a need to exaggerate about him/herself to feel accepted?
Studies show that social skills are a strong key to success as students relate to their peers, teachers, coaches and others in their lives. The more awareness and tools a student has to use, the more he or she can be empowered to know how to respond effectively towards others throughout their day. Studies have also shown that this is a large developmental aspect for determining how they feel about themselves. This will also be a lifelong part of becoming an independent, respectful, successful adult.
Summit Social Skills Programs are designed to be fun, interactive and unique in our approach! We focus on games, activities, and video clips of other kids with social struggles for discussion facilitation, as well as many role plays. Even the most hesitant student can mimic a video role play they have seen when they are encouraged by points for their team.
At The Summit, we offer Social Skills Groups for Children throughout the year.
To register your child for a social skills group, contact our friendly front office staff at (678) 893-5300.