Are You Experiencing Depression, Anxiety or Relationship Problems?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a specialized form of therapy that is designed to help adults, adolescents and their families cope with dysregulated emotions and behaviors in combination with some of the following issues:
- Thoughts of suicide or self-injury
- Overwhelming emotions such as sadness, anxiety, or anger
- Struggles with identity or constantly changing “sense of self”
- Difficulty maintaining healthy relationships
The Summit Counseling Center offers a full protocol DBT program including individual counseling and skills groups for adults, adolescents and their families which are facilitated by Intensively Trained DBT Clinicians.
Skills groups run year-round and include the following 3 DBT modules: Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness. In addition, each module incorporates important mindfulness skills. By participating in the DBT skills groups you will learn skills to reach the following goals:
- Tolerate difficult emotions and distress
- Enhanced awareness of the present moment
- Manage your thoughts and emotions so they don’t control you
- Maintain relationships: learn to communicate and get what you want from others
- Create a life worth living
It Is Possible!
Create Your New Life Worth Living
If you or a loved one is interested in attending DBT skills group or finding out more about DBT, contact The Summit Counseling Center by calling 678-893-5300 for more information or to schedule an assessment with one of the Intensively Trained DBT Clinicians.