Telehealth Services: Video Therapy Available Call 678-893-5300 to Schedule an Appointment.
10 Fun and Unique Ways to Show Kindness
Mariah (Dantzler) McFetridge
We have all heard of the golden rule: treat others the way you would like to be treated. Today we are going to lay out 10 tangible ways you can show kindness to others during this season.
- Leave an anonymous note encouraging someone you know that is going through a tough time
- Do a spontaneous act of kindness to a stranger or someone in your family. Some examples may be: cleaning up your sisters room, buying the person behind you an ice-cream, or taking cookies to a neighbor
- Volunteer or get involved with a local cause you care about by donating your time or helping to fundraise for it
- Next time you hear gossip change the course of the conversation to something positive about the person or the situation
- Sit with a new group at lunch and start a “switch it up” at lunch program where you sit with a new group once a month
- Write a thank you note to someone in your life who has always been there for you and show your gratitude towards them
- Take notes to a friend or classmate who is out sick from school and drop off the notes with a get well soon card
- Leave kind messages on people’s social media posts that encourage and inspire them
- Spend phone free quality time with a family member doing an activity of their choice and immerse yourself in it!
- Practice self-care! Write yourself a love note, take a bubble bath, engage in your favorite activity, dance in front of the mirror, etc!
If you do these simple yet fun acts of kindness, I bet you’ll be spreading joy as well as feeling joy this season.
The Summit Counseling Center
Back to Top