Dr. Lenore Doster is a Licensed Psychologist whose therapeutic interests include working with children, teenagers and adults in individual, marital and family therapy. Her specialties include life transitions across the life span, parenting, young adult development, eating disorders, chronic and severe mental illness, stress management and anger management.
Lenore’s clinical background includes providing psychological services at The Summit Counseling Center, where she has been a therapist since the fall of 2003, the Atlanta Center for Eating Disorders, and Grady Memorial Adult Day Treatment Center. She completed her American Psychological Association (APA) Accredited Doctoral Internship at Philhaven Psychiatric Hospital, a non-profit Mennonite affiliated facility in Pennsylvania. While at Philhaven she served as a psychotherapist in an intensive therapy program for married couples in crisis, and her doctoral clinical research addressed essential treatment factors when integrating spirituality into therapy with women.
Dr. Doster is author of Rock Solid Parenting: Secrets of an Effective Parent. Her prior career was Higher Education Administration where she specialized in Housing Administration and Student Affairs at Georgia Institute of Technology and The Ohio State University.
Lenore was raised in a large Catholic family in Castle Rock, Colorado. She was a member of Peachtree Christian Church, Disciples of Christ, from 1990-2002, where she served as a Deacon. She has been married since 1991. She is a mom and a member of Mount Pisgah United Methodist Church.
Education and Credentials
- Colorado State University (Fort Collins, Colorado) – Bachelor of Science, completed 1988; Major: Psychology
- The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) – Master of Arts, completed 1990; Higher Education Administration & Student Affairs with Cognate in Counseling Psychology
- American Schools of Professional Psychology, Georgia Campus (Atlanta, GA) – Master of Arts, completed 1999; Clinical Psychology
- American Psychological Association – APA Accredited Pre-Doctoral Internship, completed 2002 at Philhaven Psychiatric Hospital, Mt. Gretna, PA
- Argosy University (Atlanta, GA) – Doctor of Psychology, completed 2002; Clinical Psychology
- Licensed Psychologist, Georgia